What your favorite color says about you? (I will be covering other colors soon.)
DO YOU LOVE THE COLOR RED? It just happens to be my favorite color so I wanted to do a little research to see what my most beloved color might have to say about me… and you too if it’s your favorite as well.
I found a few neato-frito articles on the subject and used these as a guide as to what the color red might say about my personality. Considering I’m a fiery-red Aries this may prove interesting.
First of all, there is this stupendous article from Louise Myers: What Does Your Favorite Color Say About You?. It has the most detailed and interesting info you will probably find on this subject anywhere on the net. I used this as well as two other awesome articles, which I’ve listed further down, to draw up a list of intriguing personality traits.
- Adventure-seeking – Definitely!
- Thrill-seeking – The more thrilling the better!
- Loving/Passionate – I love everything!
- Driven/Determined – Always!
- Intimidating – I believe the only person I’ve ever intimidated is myself.
- Bold – I’m often bold when I’m not busy feeling like running away into a cave or something
- Impulsive – I screwed up my life a lot when I was younger by being dangerously impulsive. Now I barely want to leave my house.
- Center of Attention – Yes!
- Life of the Party – Hell no! I usually feel like I’m the least liked person in the room.
Based in part on this article from Big Think: “Color psychology: What does your favorite color say about your personality?“.
Isn’t this just interesting and fun!?!
- Need to be right – Always!
- Optimistic – Almost always!
- Power-loving – The only person I want power over is me.
- Controlling/dominate – As with the power thing the only person I aim to control is myself.
- Critical of others – Not my fault there are so many dumb people in the world! (Ha, ha, just a joke… I actually think most people are better and smarter than me in most every way.)
- Assertive – I’m much more assertive than I used to be but maybe that is just because I’m getting older and I care less about what people think.
- Leader – Leading people! I hate leading people! Haven’t you ever read Animal Farm or Lord of the Flies? To a slightly less extreme degree, this how leadership often is. That being said, there are a handful of people out there who are great leaders. Martin Luther King, Jr., Abraham Lincoln and both Roosevelts, for example.
- Disciplined/Successful – I’m trying to get better at being disciplined. I’ve failed at most things in my life but hopefully that is changing!
Based in part on this article from BrandonGaille: Explanation of the Hartman Color Code Personality Test (My only beef here is that Dr. Taylor Hartman is talked about in the past tense. He’s still alive! Geesh!)
Wow, that was just a ball and I learned so much about myself. Have a great day and don’t forget to notice and appreciate all the wonderful red things in your life!
Sincerely yours, Adora
P. S. Scroll down for lots of awesome red photos, a few quotes and a non-exhaustive list of the use of red in movie and song titles.
Red in movie titles Red Dawn - 1984 The Man with One Red Shoe - 1985 The Hunt for Red October - 1990 The Thin Red Line - 1998 Red Eye - 2005 Red Dragon - 2002 Little Red Riding Hood - 2011 The Woman in Red - 1984 Film Titles with the Word: Red The Best Movies With Red in the Title
Red in song titles 99 Red Balloons - Nena The Lady In Red - Chris De Burgh Little Red Corvette - Prince Red Red Wine - UB40 I Saw Red - Warrent Red Rubber Ball - The Cyrkle More red song titles 69 Popular Songs With the Color Red in the Title
Things that are red – Pinterest
Visit AdorifyMe on Facebook
Visit Adorify Me on Pinterest